Sunday, January 21, 2007

Introduction

My name is Dominick Lisi and I am a freshman here at UB. I am from Corning, NY and I am an intended Communication major and minor in Marketing.
When I originally became interested in this field, I was involved in a cooperative opportunity in which my high school participated in. They allowed seniors to take half a day of classes and then spend the other half of their day participating in some aspect of the field they wanted to pursue a career in. I was put into an office run by Corning's Gaffer District Events and Promotions Staff. The experience was an enormous eye opener and I knew as soon as I started that I had chosen the correct career path for myself. At the office, I did everything from copying, filing, planning parades, talking on the phone with other companies and arranging meetings, attending meetings and giving input when asked on marketing and advertising strategies, etc. When looking back at the opportunity that was given to me, I am truly thankful I did not pass it up because without it, I do not know if I would have found my passion.
On top of marketing, I also have an interest in advertising and public relations. I plan to get my bachelors degree in Communication and a minor in Marketing and then go on to receive my Master's Degree.
Looking down the road, I hope to work for a PR firm, advertising company, or work as part of a marketing staff at a corporation. Eventually, I want to work for non-profit such as The American Cancer Society. I feel that I have found excitement in this field and I am eager to see what the future holds for me.

No comments: